Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 30439: /trunk/epan/ /trunk/epan/crc/
From: Guy Harris <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 02:36:39 -0700
On Oct 10, 2009, at 1:35 AM, Joerg Mayer wrote:

Also, are you sure that linking a static lib into a dynamic one is OK?
I think that, on most UN*Xes, at least, building a dynamic library is
similar to building an executable image - object files are linked in,
and object files in archive libraries are linked in if there's a
reference to something in that object file either from an object file
linked in earlier or an object file from that library that's being
linked in - so I would expect that to work on most if not all UN*Xes.
I don't know whether the same is true on Windows.