Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 30439: /trunk/epan/ /trunk/epan/crc/

From: Kovarththanan Rajaratnam <kovarththanan.rajaratnam@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 11:19:46 +0200
Joerg Mayer wrote:
On Fri, Oct 09, 2009 at 06:22:25PM +0000, krj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=30439

User: krj
Date: 2009/10/09 11:22 AM

Log:
 Add epan/crc/CMakeLists.txt which creates a static crc library

Directory: /trunk/epan/crc/
  Changes    Path              Action
  +32 -0     CMakeLists.txt    Added

Directory: /trunk/epan/
  Changes    Path              Action
  +5 -4      CMakeLists.txt    Modified

What's the idea of crating the subdir CMakefiles and the static libs?
I was happy to get rid of them as they add an unnecessary linking step.
Also, are you sure that linking a static lib into a dynamic one is OK?
The same question holds for the other static libs added by other commits.

The idea was that instead of lumping it all together in one file, we could split it up to make it easier to understand/maintain in the future. This is also the approach used by our current build setup and I hadn't heard anyone complaining about that so I just went ahead and replicated the same structure.

--
Best regards,
Kovarththanan Rajaratnam