Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] New packet list - out of memory?

From: "Anders Broman" <anders.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 17:01:57 +0200
Hi,
If some one's interested here's the emem statistics for the file:
#define EMEM_ALLOCS_PER_CHUNK (EMEM_PACKET_CHUNK_SIZE / 64)
PWS	  Commit
 43 492	     64 512
332 052	    471 116

-------- SE allocator statistics --------
Using chunks, using canaries
No fully used chunks, nothing to do

-------- SE allocator statistics --------
Using chunks, using canaries
No fully used chunks, nothing to do

-------- SE allocator statistics --------
Using chunks, using canaries

---------- Allocations from the OS ----------
---- Headers ----
        (    Chunk header size:         28
          + Canary header size:     819204)
        *     Number of chunks:         24
        = 19661568 total space used for headers

---- Buffer space ----
        Chunk allocation size:   10485760
        *    Number of chunks:         24
        = 251461632 (251658240 including guard pages) total space used for buffe
rs
Total allocated from OS: 271123200

---------- Allocations from the SE pool ----------
   Number of SE allocations:    3932160
Bytes used (incl. canaries):  144507024
    Bytes used for canaries:   35148246
      Bytes unused (wasted):  106954608

---------- Statistics ----------
Average SE allocation size (incl. canaries):  36.75
Average SE allocation size (excl. canaries):  27.81
        Average wasted bytes per allocation:  27.20
 Space used for headers + unused allocation: 107773840
--> % overhead/waste: 39.75

Allocation distribution (sizes include canaries):
size <    32:   697363
size <    64:  2547659
size <   128:   686123
size <   256:    20722