Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] New packet list - out of memory?

From: "Anders Broman" <anders.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 17:08:49 +0200
Hi,
Experimenting loading the file there is 163 calls to VirtualAlloc()
~1.630 GB memory used
Changing
#define EMEM_ALLOCS_PER_CHUNK (EMEM_PACKET_CHUNK_SIZE / 512)
to:
#define EMEM_ALLOCS_PER_CHUNK (EMEM_PACKET_CHUNK_SIZE / 64)

Gives only 26 VirtualAlloc() so it seems like we waist a huge amount of
memory...
15 VirtualAlloc() with 32 bytes.

Is there a reason not to change to:
#define EMEM_ALLOCS_PER_CHUNK (EMEM_PACKET_CHUNK_SIZE / 32) ?

Are we better off using glibs memory functions?

Regards
Anders