Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] switch statement in proto_register

From: "Cole, Richard L. (MSFC-ES53)[MTSI]" <richard.l.cole@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 15:49:32 -0500
What is the preferred method for supporting multiple versions of a protocol within a dissector? I have setup a protocol preference and was using that in a switch statement structure but the proto_register function doesn't seem to like the switch statement. Dissect_ doesn't might the switch statement and that part seems to be working but the dissector complains with the switch statement in proto_register.

Ideas? Thoughts?

Thank you