Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Extending the DHCP dissector

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 14:39:18 -0700

On Sep 24, 2009, at 2:30 PM, Borz, John (IPG-Roseville R&D) wrote:

I'm interested in extending the DHCP dissector to decode a vendor specific DHCP option. What is the recommended process for this? Is it possible to write a plugin that can be called for this option by the BOOTP/DHCP dissector, or would I have to actually modify the BOOTP dissector to accomplish this?

You would have to modify the BOOTP dissector.

A way to add plugin dissectors for options might be useful.