Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Building with cmake on OSX

From: Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 10:12:51 -0600

On Sep 23, 2009, at 9:49 AM, Stig Bjørlykke wrote:

On 23. sep. 2009, at 17.09, Joerg Mayer wrote:

Hopefully fixed in 30091. I'll need to check whether I made the same mistake
for the other libs as well - hopefully within an hour.

Did not work 100%, but I managed to get wsutil to link with the attached patch (seems like libglib was missing). I'm looking at wiretap, which I suppose have the same problems but needs more libs.

Are you getting past the check for CAP_LIBRARY? That's a Linux thing AFAIK, so Mac OS X doesn't have it. CMake bails out on me with this message:

Make Error at /Applications/CMake 2.6-4.app/Contents/share/cmake-2.6/ Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:57 (MESSAGE):
  Could NOT find CAP (missing: CAP_LIBRARY CAP_INCLUDE_DIR)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  cmake/modules/FindCAP.cmake:22 (FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS)
  CMakeLists.txt:251 (find_package)

Even when I change /CMakeLists.txt to say OFF at the end of the option(ENABLE_CAP.... line.

Steved