Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 30076: /trunk/ /trunk/tools/: fuzz-t

From: Kovarththanan Rajaratnam <kovarththanan.rajaratnam@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 17:18:56 +0200
Joerg Mayer wrote:
On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 07:28:01PM +0000, krj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=30076

User: krj
Date: 2009/09/22 12:28 PM

Log:
 Add initial support for "two pass analysis" in tshark. This allows tshark to arrive at the same protocol tree as the Wireshark GUI. Before this change tshark only supported a single scan over the file. This effectively means that packets cannot use data that are gathered from frames that appear after the current frame. By scanning twice we give the dissector the opportunity to make forward references.

How about making -P a numbered option like -P1 and -P2 and then add
a -P1 option to wireshark as well, making things similar with both
executables?

How about we generalize this to -Pn hvor 'n' can be any number? This would allow us to do some basic memleak testing by setting 'n' to a large value.

--
Best regards,
Kovarththanan Rajaratnam