Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] make errors in linux

From: Patrick Lannigan <p.lannigan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 17:23:41 -0400
On my windows box I can successfully build wireshark and my plugin using nmake. However, when I move to linux I have errors using make from my plugin directory. Building the whole tree from wireshark completed, but when I move to my plugin directory I get two errors

Makefile.nmake:7: ..\..\config.nmake: No such file or directory
Makefile.nmake:20 *** missing separator.  Stop.

The first one is an issue with the slash direction and I was able to fix that. However all that does is move the missing separator into

Makefile.nmake:20 *** missing separator.  Stop.

It is failing on lines that start with !IFNDEF, not tabs actually being spaces like detailed by searching the internet.

Why does building just the plugin work in win32, but not in linux?

Patrick