Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Permission to Print.

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 00:29:13 +0200
Long Lee schrieb:
Hello everyone,

I bring a soft copy of the Wireshark user's guide: 29944 to the print shop to print a hard copy for personal use.

I was told that the can not print this document because of it's copyright.

According to page 2 of the WireShark document, it stated:

"Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the term of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation."

and Under the "Terms and Conditions ..." section in the GNU website "http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html"; if I understand correctly, I should be allowed to print hard copy of this document.

If this is not the case, do I obtain the printing permission from you or GNU to print hard copy of this document.

Please advise.

Thank-you for you time.

Short answer: You can print/copy as much copies for your private or even commercial use as you like.

Long answer: Please take a deeper look at the GPL license.

Regards, ULFL