Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Accessing prior packets in Lua

Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 15:50:05 -0400
In my Lua program, I am analyzing how long it takes certain packets to be acked.  I can calculate the information once I get the ack packet, but what I would really like to do is to add the "time to ack" (or "never acked") data to the tree for the original packet.  I know this can be done in C, since the Wireshark fragment reassembly does it very nicely, but can it also be done from Lua?

That is: given packet number X that is later acked by packet number Y, when my Lua program processes packet Y I can calculate the time between the packets.  I can print it in a textwindow, but I would much rather add this info to the display tree for packet X.  How might I access the tree for packet X, when I am processing packet Y?

Thanks,
b.