Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] how to reconstruct the menu

From: "chenyintao" <chenyintao@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 10:22:38 +0800
Dear developer of wireshark
     I was a user of wireshark,and still is,of course 。Recently my boss ask me to add some functions to wireshark,such  as our own protocol dissection,our own data lost rate statistics and so on。Still we want to add all the menu items we will use to one menu 。
     I have used  lua scritp to carry out the dissection and the lost data count ,but I do not know how to reconstruct the menu using lua,so I decided to
download the source code and tried to modify the code。
    I am a freshman in program development,so the task is really a difficult for me。I originally intended to rename the menu“statistics” with “test” just for testing,by modifying the “GtkItemFactoryEntry menu_items[]” in the souce file menu.c and orther places quoting the string "statistics" in the libui.vcproj and rebuild the project,but it didn't work。
   Is not the menu name decided by the GtkItemFactoryEntry menu_items[]  in the souce file menu.c ?What should I do?Or What documents  should I read?
   Hope for your help!Thank you very much!O(∩_∩)O
   PS:I seldom write English letters,so there may be many mistakes,forgive me。
--------------
陈银桃/工业通讯技术部
chenyintao@xxxxxxxxxx
2009-09-11