Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Adding new conversations to table

Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 15:14:10 -0400
I'm writing a dissector for a wireless protocol, and would like Wireshark to keep track of conversations between the various endpoints.

The catch seems to be that the sniffer includes several additional protocol layers above the wireless protocol, i.e. Ethernet/IP/UDP, and the Wireshark conversation table only seems to include those protocols in the conversation table.

In my dissector, I have added the usual call to find_conversation followed by if (c==NULL) conversation_new(...), but I'm not seeing my protocol in the conversation table.  What might I be missing here?  At the moment I'm not storing any data, just finding/creating the conversations.

Thanks,
b.