Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] New packet list - sorting

From: "Anders Broman" <anders.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 10:04:22 +0200
Title: New packet list - sorting

Hi,
Sorting of columns in the new packet list may be a bit more complicated than anticipated.
The filter model looks like it does not implement sorting http://www.daa.com.au/pipermail/pygtk/2009-February/016609.html

but requires an additional TreeModelSort it then looks like TreeModelSort requires sort columns with a sort function
to be set up. An additional problem is that with "lazy columns" we may not have the data stored when starting to sort
On the other hand perhaps it's enough to sort the visible data. Anyway aditional prototyping and tests are required to find

The most efficent way of doing it. Perhaps there anoter way of doing display filtering than using TreeFilterModel?

Regards
Anders