Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] New packet list

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 18:12:21 +0200
On Wed, Sep 02, 2009 at 05:14:50PM +0200, Anders Broman wrote:
> I intend to make the new packet list the build choice for Windows in the
> next day or so
>
> To get more feedback on remaining issues missing functions etc any
> objections?

I'm running on openSUSE and have been building (and using) the new method since
shortly after its announcement.
The following problems may be caused by these patches, but maybe not.
All verified with Revision: 29664

OK, most are gone :-)

The only remaining bug is, that during a live capture, each incoming packet
causes the info pane to jump back to the first packet, so I'm not seeing
the current packets unless I scroll down.
And I really mean "each incoming packet", so even if I'm using a display
filter that suppresses the display of the new packet, the info pane still
jumps to the first packet again.

Once that problem is fixed, I don't see any reason why the new packet list
should not be made the default for testers.

 ciao
    Joerg