Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] how Wireshark get linktype?

From: "Joshua (Shiwei) Zhao" <swzhao@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 16:41:53 -0700
I'm using Wireshark 1.0.4 with a WiFi device. When I select the device
in capture options panel, I cannot get the expected linktype
DLT_IEEE802_11_RADIO.
I know the device driver is in monitor mode and it works if I manually
add a DLT_IEEE802_11_RADIO type there and choose it.
But how does Wireshark/winpcap get the default type, via a OID request
OID_GEN_MEDIA_SUPPORTED or OID_GEN_MEDIA_IN_USE?
I believe the driver does have support on these two OIDs.

Is this a known problem or is there sth not compatible between my
driver and Wireshark/winpcap? I know Wireshark calls pcap_datalink()
to retrieve the media type.

Many thanks,
Joshua