Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark 1.2.1 crash when Handing off dissector

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 12:16:39 -0400
jdhagen chorus.net wrote:
I'm running Wireshark 1.2.1 on Windows XP SP3.

When it starts, it gets to 51% while executing the "Handing
off dissector" logic, which happens to be 2dparityfec, and
then crashes.

The "handing off dissector" status window is not not updated for each dissector so the problem may actually have occurred in a dissector handoff function called after the one for 2dparityfec.

Is there a way to determine the function that is executing?

I tried a build using VC6 and that build didn't exhibit the problem.

Windows Wireshark is now built with VC9.

I'm assuming that the crash is occurring with the distributed Windows binary version of 1.2.1. Is this correct ?

In any case can you build with VC9 ?

If so, please try building with VC9 (either using the 1.2.1 source or current SVN) and let us know if you get the crash.

Thanks