Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark on OSX Snow Leopard

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 18:19:32 -0700

On Aug 31, 2009, at 5:41 PM, Stephen Fisher wrote:

On Aug 31, 2009, at 4:42 PM, Guy Harris wrote:

Done.  I've marked it as "OK", as I've run it successfully on SL.

The wikidot site states that Wireshark version 1.2.1 is "OK" on Snow
Leopard now.

Yes - that's what I said I changed.

Aren't the the check-ins just done only available in SVN
and presumably in the next Wireshark stable release?

Michael Tuexen's checkin fixed a problem that only occurs with 64-bit code. The Wireshark OS X binary distributions are 32-bit, and will work on SnowLeopard just as they'll work on Leopard. (The problem to which snowleopard.wikidot.com was referring is the long-standing "Wireshark eats too much memory per packet" problem, which is far from unique to SnowLeopard.)