Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark on OSX Snow Leopard

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 10:19:21 -0700

On Aug 31, 2009, at 2:04 AM, Stig Bjørlykke wrote:

According to http://snowleopard.wikidot.com/ Wireshark does not work
on Snow Leopard because we are unable to read semi-large files.  I
suppose this will fail on every system, not only SL.

I suspect so.

They're presumably running the binary version of Wireshark, which means it's a 32-bit version. The only reason I'd expect this to be a worse problem on SL would be if either

1) the memory allocator was changed in SL to trade space for CPU speed (I don't *think* anything such as that was done, but I'l check);

	2) a newer version of some X11 libraries uses more memory.