Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark on OSX Snow Leopard
From: Guy Harris <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 10:19:21 -0700
On Aug 31, 2009, at 2:04 AM, Stig Bjørlykke wrote:

According to http://snowleopard.wikidot.com/ Wireshark does not work
on Snow Leopard because we are unable to read semi-large files.  I
suppose this will fail on every system, not only SL.
I suspect so.

They're presumably running the binary version of Wireshark, which means it's a 32-bit version. The only reason I'd expect this to be a worse problem on SL would be if either
	1) the memory allocator was changed in SL to trade space for CPU
speed (I don't *think* anything such as that was done, but I'l check);
	2) a newer version of some X11 libraries uses more memory.