Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] dissector bug

From: Devlina <devlinahello2@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 12:15:32 +0530

While trying to add an item in the proto tree using the command

proto_tree_add_item(xyz_tree, hf_xyz_event_stream_id, tvb, offset + 2, -1, FALSE);

I am getting the following error:

[Dissector bug, protocol XYZ: proto.c:3009: failed assertion "DISSECTOR_ASSERT_NOT_REACHED"]

But strangely this is not the case with proto_tree_add_text (it is runing successfully). The field hf_xyz_event_stream is registerd with FT_DOUBLE. I have also tried it out with FT_UINT.

what circumstances may cause this error ??

Kindly explain
--
Regards
Devlina