Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Using Grab for capturing the WIreshark Window

From: Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 13:24:41 -0600

On Aug 27, 2009, at 8:12 AM, Michael Tüxen wrote:

Then I'm capturing traffic, stop capturing and use the Mac OS X
utility to make a snapshot of the Window. It somewhat works.
Everything is fine, except for the packet list. That area is
only white. Everything else is fine. Any idea what could be wrong?
Any idea what is specific to this part of the window?

If I capture the whole screen or a region, everything is fine.

I just tried it using my source build of Wireshark from SVN and it worked using Command+Shift+4 then hitting space bar and clicking in the Wireshark (for X11) window. However, the packet list (existing one; not the new one) has some sort of grainy appearance to it. The text isn't very sharp at all. It looks like it went through a fax machine at a low resolution.

Do you have the downloaded package of Wireshark for Mac installed? What I'm getting at is do you have the special themes setup? That would be my first guess. I'm not sure why my packet list looks so bad though; the other windows and text/icons look perfect.

Steve