Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Custom MAC layer dissector

From: Patrick Lannigan <p.lannigan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 13:47:37 -0400
The dissector I'm writing is a custom link layer protocol. My issue is that I'm not sure what I should use in the dissector_add() function. Most of the dissectors seem to be referencing other protocols like "tcp.port", but that does not apply in my case. The other thing I've seen is "wtap_encap" with the value being some defined constant. Can someone help me along in the right direction? If "wtap_encap" is the correct method, does that mean there is other files I should be editing in addition to my packet-abc file?

Patrick