Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Custom dissector causing wireshark to crash

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 17:28:35 -0400
It then fails on:

proto_register_field_array (proto_abc, hf, array_length (hf));

Here is the hf array construction, can anyone see what the error is?

    static hf_register_info hf[] = {

        { &hf_abc_txPower,
            { "txPower", "abc.txPower",
            FT_UINT8, BASE_DEC,
            "Transmit power for message in dBm",
            0x0, NULL, HFILL }
        },

should be

         { &hf_abc_txPower,
             { "txPower", "abc.txPower",
             FT_UINT8, BASE_DEC, NULL, 0x0,
             "Transmit power for message in dBm", HFILL }
         },

Stepping through the code (eg: proto_register-field_array) is the way to find bugs like this.