Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] building wireshark question

From: Brian Oleksa <oleksab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 01:06:21 -0400

Wiresharkers...

Has anybody had any success building a 64 bit version of wireshark on a 32 bit machine using the Visual Studio 2008 Enterprise Edition cross compilers..??

I am able to build my wireshark dissector on my 32 bit machine with no problem using "vcvars32.bat".

But now I am running into some 64 bit machines when I am out in the field (which my 32 bit doesn't work with)....so I would like to try and build me a 64 bit version of my plugin.

Does anybody know if this can even be done..? If I had a 64 bit OS..I would just rebuild on it...but I do not have a 64 bit OS available so this is why I am trying to use the cross compilers.

I have tried preparing the command prompt with the following (but it did not work): "vcvarsall.bat"

I tried following this "http://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/Win64"; but had no luck.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian