Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Multiple Packets in One TCP Segment

From: Aurélien Decagny <funtim78@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 23:45:50 +0200
I think this is a stupid question, but anyway:
Why don't you get directly the length of your packet directly in the dissect_sle function?

why not doing something like this:

#include <string.h>
#define LENGTH_LECT 10000

static int dissect_sle(tvbuff_t *tvb, packet_info *pinfo, proto_tree *tree)
{
            char buffer[3]="";
             int i=0, length =0;
             char data[]= NULL;

            data = malloc(tvb_length(tvb)*sizeof(char));

         /* so we put all the hexadecimal data in a string */
           for(i=0; i< (int) tvb_length(tvb); i++)
           {
               sprintf(buffer,"%02x", tvb_get_guint8(tvb, i));
               strcat(data, buffer);
           }

            /* length is a number of octets
* we compare all the octet to see if we have the terminating octet */
            while (data[2*i]!= ... && data[2*i+1]!=...)
              {
                  length ++;
               }

            tcp_dissect_pdus(tvb, pinfo, tree, ... length);

            free(data);
}

Or we can count the number of end character, and call the tcp_dissect_pdus each time. Well in fact this work if the end of character is forbidden in the data, or if we can only find him at the end of a structure. In the second case, it is a little bit more complex, but you can create a new tree each time in the dissect_sle_message() function.

I should have say something stupid, but it seems to me that it can work!

Regards

Aurelien

wsgd a �crit :
Look at <wireshark sources>/doc/README.developer.
2.7 Reassembly/desegmentation for protocols running atop TCP.
2.7.2 Modifying the pinfo struct.

Olivier

Guy Harris a �crit :