Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] About build-in dissector

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 10:00:06 -0700
Kovarththanan Rajaratnam wrote:
Hey,

hui.song.m wrote:
Hi ~
I have written a dissector to decode my own protocol as a plugin of wireshark.
Now I want to learn how to add a build-in dissector to wireshark.
I have tried to modify both "wireshark/epan/dissectors/register.c" and "wireshark/epan/dissectors/makefile.nmake", which didn't work out. Will someone helps me with the exactly steps of adding a build-in dissector to wireshark...... Thanks a lot ~!

It should be as simple as adding your source and header files to DISSECTOR_SRC and DISSECTOR_INCLUDES respectively in epan/dissectors/Makefile.common

...and if you've changed register.c by hand (which you shouldn't do), you'll probably want do delete it so that it will be regenerated.