Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Windows build failing on register.c

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 09:46:25 -0400
Charles Kristofek wrote:
Yes, I ran setup and distclean before make.  I followed every step from the
link provided and had the same result.

Anyone know what is peculiar about register.c to cause these errors?

register.c

register.c(7) : error C2059: syntax error : 'type'

register.c(7) : error C2059: syntax error : ')'

<snip>

        cd ..

        cd codecs

        "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\BIN\nmake.exe" /

            -f Makefile.nmake

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 9.00.30729.01

'codecs.lib' is up-to-date

<snip>

1. Please show us a bit of the register.c file in the epan\dissectors directory: maybe that will give a hint as to what's going on.

2. Just so I'm clear: Is it correct that when you do distclean & etc and then do an nmake that all the sources compile OK until the make reaches register.c ?