Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Add the next Tvb packet to current tvb before dissecting

From: Clifford Sibanda <cclsibanda@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 07:03:01 -0700 (PDT)

Good day

I would like to get some assistance if anyone out there can.

I am working a plugin dissector that handles data from an asynchronous source. The asynchronous source first sends a packet with just the message length of the next packet which contains the real data.

What i would love to do is to keep this packet with just the length of the next packet and append to it the next packet before I proceed with dissecting.

I have tried using the tcp_dissect_pdus and the longer reassembly method but I get this error using both methods:

error: void value not ignored as it ought to be

for this line

next_tvb=tvb_set_child_real_data_tvbuff(tvb,next_tvb);

I'm not sure what it is that I'm doing wrong

And if there is a simpler way of just adding the next tvb without going the reassemble route I would like to use that one

Thank you

Clifford Sibanda
Good day