Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Re : versioninfo error

Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 12:17:54 +0000 (GMT)
Hi,

I don't know if you started only with the developper's guide, but I used the following link to start, and I found also a VERSIONINFO error in the code provided in this url, because in plugin.rc.in I had:
PRODUCTVERSION @RC_VERSION@,0
whereas the right code is
PRODUCTVERSION @RC_VERSION@

Maybe your problem also comes from a tricky error like I had.

Hoping this might help you,

Yvan.

the url:
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/IP/custom_dissector.aspx

De : Devlina <devlinahello2@xxxxxxxxx>
� : wireshark-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Envoy� le : Mardi, 11 Ao�t 2009, 11h33mn 36s
Objet : [Wireshark-dev] versioninfo error

I have written a simple dissector to begin with in wireshark. After distclean step when i m typing the command "nmake -f Makefile.nmake all" it is giving the following error

devudp.rc(5) : error RC2167 : unrecognized VERSIONINFO field;  BEGIN or comma ex
pected
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\BIN\r
c.EXE"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

 As a beginner I dont have much knowledge about dissectors. what causes this problem and what i have to do here?? please help