Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Browse field in the preferences

From: Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 17:12:37 -0600
On Thu, Aug 06, 2009 at 12:30:37AM +0200, Aur�lien Decagny wrote:

> For the field part, you are right. But my question was more about how
> to make easily the browse button, so that the user don't need to write
> all the path for the data. And also how to get this path.

The best way may to be create a new type of preference for registration
from your dissector.  This new type of preference would create a browse
button in the preferences pane, allowing the user to find where they
want to save the file.

Another way to do it might be to have a new type of Export Object, or
another Analyze - Follow like TCP, UDP, SSL.

> I also have another question, which has no link with the first one,
> but I won't create a new thread just for it: do you know how to get
> the number of the No. column of Wireshark? (there should be a
> variable, but I can't find the name of this one...)

pinfo->fd->num

Steve