Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Memory Leak?

Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 16:38:15 -0700 (PDT)
I have been rolling my own version of "tshark" for a project.  I needed to do a few things differently, but wanted all the awesomness of the dissectors to work for me.  I have been looking at a few reported memory leaks (via Valgrind) and there are two that are really stumping me.  I am wondering if I am setting up someting wrong or not freeing something properly.

I build my edt pointer by:
	edt = epan_dissect_new(create_proto_tree, TRUE);
Then I fill out requisite information, call the ep_free_all() and then dissect_ip.  Within dissect_ip()...
  	if (tree) {
    		ti = proto_tree_add_item(tree, proto_ip, tvb, offset, hlen, FALSE);
the "ti" pointer has a frame_info that never seems to get free'd.  If I manually try to free it after dissection, bad things happen.
Then, once dissect_ip returns, I get my data out, and call the contents of epan_dissect_free().
	/* Free the data sources list. */
	free_data_sources(&edt->pi);

	/* Free all tvb's created from this tvb, unless dissector
	 * wanted to store the pointer (in which case, the dissector
	 * would have incremented the usage count on that tvbuff_t*) */
	tvb_free_chain(edt->tvb);

	if (edt->tree) {
		proto_tree_free(edt->tree);
	}

	g_free(edt);
From there, edt->tree doesn't seem to have its members properly deleted.  The "rest" of the tree seems to go away, but not the "root" node itself.
When running for only a few minutes, I can see the memory creep up and multiple controlled valgrind runs confirmed what I am seeing.  I am a bit stumped.
Could I not be setting up the edt pointer correctly or fillint out its members correctly?
Is
 there something else I need to do when cleaning up?
Do I HAVE to use the tap_queue_init(edt) and tap_push_tapped_queue(edt) functions?
Overall, the app works perfectly...except for some pesky memory leaks.  Any and all help/ideas would be greatly appreciated!

- John