Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Dissector (PTP Protocol) Config file

From: Thomas Arthofer <arthofer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 14:47:00 +0200

Hi,

i’m expanding the features oft he PTP Dissector, but i wanted to know if there is a way to read a external config file for the dissector.

The dissector would need some keys to check if the packets are valid or not (it’s about the ICV checksum).

Should I just try to add the reading of the config file to the dissector or is there a better solution. (I think it’s a bad solution because it would read the config file every time a packet is received)

Also, is there any argument against calculating a SHA1 / SHA2 hash in the dissector routine?

I tried to search google for a solution, but I didn’t find something.

At last, is there somewhere a function reference for the dissector plugins (like proto_tree_add_item and so)

Regards
Thomas

__________ Hinweis von ESET Smart Security, Signaturdatenbank-Version 4281 (20090727) __________

E-Mail wurde geprüft mit ESET Smart Security.

http://www.eset.com