Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] tab-width considered less effective than some might think

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 09:33:10 -0400
Gerald Combs wrote:

Visual C++ defaults to tabs for indentation with tab stops every 4
characters. I'm not sure if these settings can be overridden without
changing the user's global preferences.

I'm not sure as to your exact concerns.

Poking around a bit in VS2008 I see the
following (which you may already know):

1. The VS editor indentation options can be set on a per programming language basis. (Tools ! Options)

2. All or specific VS "Settings" (the IDE configuration) can
   be exported/imported:
    Tools ! Export and Import Settings

   Also: a specific ".vssettings" file can be loaded when the
   VS 2008 IDE is started.

   From "vcexpress /?"
    /ResetSettings Restores the IDE's default settings,
    optionally resets to the specified VSSettings file.

Bill