Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] How to compile win64 version of my dissector using cross compile

From: Brian Oleksa <oleksab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 15:51:26 -0400

Wiresharkers.....

I got the latest wireshark source and I was able to successfully to build it. I was successfully able to build my dissector under this new build (*using win32*).

What are the steps to make a win64 build of my dissector using the cross compilers..??

Here is what I have tried.

*Changed config.nmake to read:*
WIRESHARK_TARGET_PLATFORM=win64

*Changed my prepared command prompt to point to:*
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\bin>vcvarsx86_amd64.bat
Setting environment for using Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Beta2 x64 cross tools

I already have the wireshark-win64-libs on my PC.

But this does not work.

*I get the following error:*

fatal error LNK1112: *module machine type 'x64' conflicts with target machine type 'X86'*

Any suggestions...??

Thanks,
Brian