Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] wireshark fails when I build it

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 12:28:18 +0100
Brian Oleksa wrote:
Graham

What is weird about the hole thing is that I kept my "old" sources in
tact just in case the new sources blow up (like they did).

I can still build the old sources using the current set up on this same
machine.

Plus I can also run "verify tools" with no problem with the new source
code...but as soon as I build it....it blows up.

I am hoping wireshark is not that finicky between different source
trees...???

I guess I will take you advice and uninstall perl and reinstall it (or
something).....but again....the perl that is installed works fine with
my older source tree build....
so why wouldn't it work fine with they new source tree build...????

I followed the directions to the "T" other than reinstalling all the
apps again...(like perl, python, cygwin...etc)...as there should not be
a need to as they do indeed already work.

Just wanted to see what your thoughts where before I start messing with
things that appear to be working correctly.

Thanks,
Brian
I only have one source tree that I compile in, but I can't see why there should be problems with more than one.  Something is causing problems with perl execution, maybe you could track down what that is rather than just wipe out and re-install.  I don't know what it could be, possibly a cygwin problem?

Just checking that you are closing the command prompt and opening a new one and running the appropriate vcvarsxxx.bat before building the different versions?  You can't use one command prompt for both.

--
Regards,

Graham Bloice