Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-users] Use of User DLT

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 15:25:20 -0700

On Jul 21, 2009, at 10:44 AM, Mahesh K wrote:

I get the following error "No such proto:ldm". Now I do see that the ldm dissector is successfully registered.

The last time you asked this question, Stig Bjørlykke replied:

Try adding this after proto_register_protocol():

  register_dissector ("ldm", dissect_ldm, proto_ldm);

and remove the dissector_add() call, as you will setup this in the
DLT_USER configuration.

As the question is the same this time, the answer is the same this time as well.