Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] the feature of limiting packet size

From: "Joshua (Shiwei) Zhao" <swzhao@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 18:21:47 -0700
Hi there,

There is an option to "Limit each packet to XX bytes" in the "Capture Options" panel. I tried to enable it while capturing ethernet types of packets and it works pretty good. This is nice as it saves big amount of data storage and improves performance.
However, when I enable it while capturing 802.11 wifi traffic, no packets cannot be dissected and it shows "Packet size limited during capture". It seems that BoundsErrors were throwed.

Is there a way to make it work same as ethernet dissectors instead of throwing an exception?

Thanks,
Joshua