Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Problem building wireshark-1.2.0 (and wireshark-1.0.8) when

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 03:14:35 -0700

On Jul 14, 2009, at 11:26 PM, Mark Ryden wrote:

Any ideas what can be the problem ?

It could be that, if you give the argument "/usr/include/pcre" to "-- with-pcre", that tells the configure script that the header file for PCRE is in /usr/include/pcre/include/pcre.h and the PCRE library is in the directory /usr/include/pcre/lib.

What directory is the PCRE *library* (not the header file, the library - shared or static) located in?