Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] registry path Re: how to edit/add an entry in windows registry?

From: "Joshua (Shiwei) Zhao" <swzhao@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 14:55:34 -0700
I want to edit a registry related to the capture device selected.
To get the registry path of a capture device, we need to know its SubDriverKey which could be specified somewhere in windows registry.

When Wireshark make a list of available devices for capture preparation, we get the list from dumpcap but name, description, and ip_address are saved. Were they retrieved from registry table? Is there a way to get their corresponding driver key?

Many thanks,
Joshua