Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Dissector bug ... failed assertion

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 12:27:28 -0700

On Jul 14, 2009, at 12:11 PM, Jeremy Duff wrote:

I've managed to reuse some of the code in epan/dissectors/packet- fr.c that hands off information to the osinl so that I could make epan/dissectors/lapd.c act the same way. Everything appears to be working correctly, however, I'm getting this bug and can't figure out why:

[Dissector bug, protocol LAPD: proto.c:2482: failed assertion "(guint)hfindex < gpa_hfinfo.len"] Expert Info (Error/Malformed): proto.c:2482: failed assertion "(guint)hfindex < gpa_hfinfo.len" Message: proto.c:2482: failed assertion "(guint)hfindex < gpa_hfinfo.len"
             Severity level: Error
             Group: Malformed

Any suggestions as to what would cause this?

Not adding fields corresponding to:

	hf_lapd_nlpid
	hf_lapd_oui
	hf_lapd_pid
	hf_lapd_snaptype

to the hf[] array in proto_register_lapd().