Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 28986: /trunk/plugins/ethercat/ /tru

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 12:02:00 -0400
Stig Bj�rlykke wrote:
On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 4:48 PM, Bill Meier<wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Stig Bj�rlykke wrote:
Does r28985 fix this issue?
I'll give it a try; (Maybe that's the real problem).

If this works I have a patch for all plugins dissectors.

The compile of packet-esl still fails with the revised tfs.h

I wonder: is there an issue with using WS_VAR_IMPORT for plugins ?  .
I'm not really familiar with the use of WS_VAR_IMPORT.

/* define macro for importing variables from an dll
 * it depends on HAVE_LIBWIRESHARKDLL and _NEED_VAR_IMPORT_
 */
#if defined (_NEED_VAR_IMPORT_) && defined (HAVE_LIBWIRESHARKDLL)
#  define WS_VAR_IMPORT __declspec(dllimport) extern
#else
#  define WS_VAR_IMPORT extern
#endif

============

Also: given the typedef for true_false_strings, I'm curious as to the rationale for the changes like the following:

  WS_VAR_IMPORT const true_false_string tfs_true_false; 	 to
  WS_VAR_IMPORT const true_false_string tfs_true_false[];

It would seem to me that the true_false strings are structs and not arrays. :)

typedef struct true_false_string {
        const char      *true_string;
        const char      *false_string;
} true_false_string;

const true_false_string tfs_true_false = { "True", "False" };

Bill