Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] question regarding my wireshark dissector code.

From: wsgd <wsgd@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 20:43:54 +0200
netalive_sub_item is not initialized

Olivier

Brian Oleksa a �crit :

@Wiresharkers

I have created this helen dissector. It has been running great ever since then.

I have some NON-helen packets that I want to dissect. Instead of writing another dissector, I added it to the packet-helen.c code.

As you can see at the top of this file I call a new procedure called:
void proto_reg_handoff_netalive(void)

Which works great and reads in the port # from the file correctly.

I even get into the void dissect_netalive(tvbuff_t *tvb, packet_info *pinfo, proto_tree *tree) procedure with no problems:

But I am not dissecting anything. The only thing that I get in the wireshark GUI is the word "NETALIVE".

Why I am not seeing the dissection tree under the NETALIVE protocol....??

Basically.......all I did was I mirrored the helen protocol....it compiles fine but I do not see my packets being dissected.

Any thoughts or suggestions...? The latest code is attached.

Thank you very much for your help.

It is greatly appreciated.

Brian