Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Is it a good idea to use rdps.py instead of rdps.c?

From: yami <yamisoe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 10:19:34 +0800
Hi all,

Is there anyone kindly give some comments regarding to this issue? Thanks!

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 9:56 AM, yami <yamisoe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I found that rdps.c was replaced by rdps.py. The change log says

    "This makes it easier to cross-compile Wireshark on Windows."

However rdps.py depends on Python, which is not an absolute requirement for building previous Wireshark.
I do not understand why cross compiling rdps.c (which is a simple C file) is a problem.

Thanks!