Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] New experimental feature: GTK2 based packet list (svn rev 28

From: yami <yamisoe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 19:35:56 +0800
Hi Fisher,

Does this checkin tries to address following wiki page?
    http://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/OptimizePacketList
So the new implementation will consume less memory and be faster?
(have not tried it yet :))

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 2:12 AM, Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have commited, as svn revision 28892, an experimental new packet list
using a GTK2 tree view instead of the GTK1 based CList.  I discussed
this with a few of the core team members and others at Sharkfest09.  To
use it, define NEW_PACKET_LIST when compiling all of the files.  I've
gone crazy with #ifdef/#ifndef blocks in many filess so far, but these
can come out as the new packet list implements more of the standard
features.

To try it out with gcc, set the environment variable CPPFLAGS to
"-DNEW_PACKET_LIST" and re-run the configure script and then make.  I'm
not sure off the top of my head how to do this on Windows, but it should
work there too.

Feel free to ask me questions about how it is implemented so far and to
contribute to it :)

Note: The sorting by clicking on column titles is currently only
alphabetical using strcmp().

Steve