Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] snaplen used by text2pcap

From: Michael Tüxen <Michael.Tuexen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 22:34:01 +0200
Dear all,

text2pcap currently uses 102400 as the snaplen in the pcap file
header. Wireshark can not currently handle packets longer than
WTAP_MAX_PACKET_SIZE, which is currently 1<<16.

We had protection code in the pcapng reader code which
stopped reading a file when the snaplen was larger than
WTAP_MAX_PACKET_SIZE. I disabled that...

Does anyone have any objections against changing snaplen
to 1<<16 in text2pcap?

Best regards
Michael