Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Byte Stream Display in WS

From: "Jonathan Walker (c)" <JWalker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 11:46:28 -0700

Hello,

     I was just wondering which structure in the dissect_ ( ) function has to do with displaying the bytes (hex and ascii) below the GUI tree?  I would like to ideally set my plug-in to display only up to a certain point of these bytes, instead of the whole packet that WS receives.  Is this possible to program into a plug-in?  I would think that this information would either be in tvbuff_t or packet_info, but I’ve looked through both of these and I can’t seem to find where it deals with displaying these bytes.

Thank you,

J. Walker