Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Re : Re : Plugin compatibility with Portable version

From: wsgd <wsgd@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 22:23:25 +0200
Into config.nmake, there is :
!IF $(MSC_VER_REQUIRED) >= 1400
DLL_LDFLAGS = /MANIFEST:no
!ENDIF

Comment the 2nd line, you will have a manifest.

But the explicit test seems to mean that manifest is no more necessary for MSVC2008 and MSVC2008EE ?

Olivier

yvanmmailbox-web@xxxxxxxx a �crit :
It is possible, I encountered this problem when I was coding my plugin for WS 1.0.7. The problem is I use know 1.2.0 source code, with Mic. VC++2008EE, and when I compile I don't have any manifest file generated any more. I tried to attach the old manifest to my new plugin (the only difference is I compiled in the new source code directory, with my old files), but it doesn't work.

How can I generate a manifest file in 1.2.0 plugin code?

Thanks

Yvan

*De :* wsgd <wsgd@xxxxxxx>
*� :* Developer support list for Wireshark <wireshark-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*Envoy� le :* Mardi, 23 Juin 2009, 20h31mn 06s
*Objet :* Re: [Wireshark-dev] Re : Plugin compatibility with Portable version

This error message could be a manifest problem.
The manifest must be :
- into the dll directory
- directly inside the dll (using mt.exe -manifest
<dll_name>.dll.manifest -outputresource:<dll_name>.dll;2)

Olivier

yvanmmailbox-web@xxxxxxxx <mailto:yvanmmailbox-web@xxxxxxxx> a �crit :