Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Plugin for ASN.1/BER based dissector

From: "Christopher White (WTA)" <christopher.white@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 21:12:09 +0200
Hi Anders,
Hi All,

That sounds straight forward enough.
I have already generated the packet-x.c and .h with asn2wrs.

So now I need to setup a dir under plugins and follow the procedure for
creating plugins - this is the part I am not yet familiar with. I will
readup on this and follow the doc/README.plugin.

Is there any other documentation on creating a plugin that I should look
at, and are there any differences because of the ASN.1 code generation?

Thanks again,
Chris

Anders Broman wrote:
> Hi,
> It should work :-)
>
> One way is to place the asn1 file etc in a new folder under the dir
> /asn1/ (look at the other dissectors), generate the x.[c|h] files copy
> them
> To a new folder in the plugins directory and then build the plugin(look
> at other plugins).
> http://wiki.wireshark.org/Asn2wrs
>
> Regards
> Anders

Christopher White, Chartered Engineer (UK)
Consultant for Telecommunications,
Real-time Communication systems,
Regulation and Standards.

T: +49 421 48404 96