Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Re : Plugin compatibility with Portable version

From: wsgd <wsgd@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 20:31:06 +0200
This error message could be a manifest problem.
The manifest must be :
- into the dll directory
- directly inside the dll (using mt.exe -manifest <dll_name>.dll.manifest -outputresource:<dll_name>.dll;2)

Olivier

yvanmmailbox-web@xxxxxxxx a �crit :
Sure, I have another one, my main plugin afdx.dll that works. This one is necessary for bite.dll working, but I put both in the folder, like I do on my installed version, and I have the error message.

That's why I need some ways to search the problem. What are the main differences between the portable version and the installed version (except the folders) that could have a link with plugins?
Does my installed version could create problems for the portable version?

Note: I put the plugins in the "Global plugins" folder and not in the "Personal plugins" folder, which does not exist.

Thanks

Yvan

*De :* Graeme Lunt <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
*� :* Developer support list for Wireshark <wireshark-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*Envoy� le :* Mardi, 23 Juin 2009, 14h58mn 10s
*Objet :* Re: [Wireshark-dev] Plugin compatibility with Portable version

Hi,

There should be no particular problem using custom plugins with the WiresharkPortable.

As you say "one of them", can I assume that you have got other plugins to work?

Is it perhaps that bite.dll requires some other dlls to be present?
Graeme