Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 28794: /trunk/gtk/ /trunk/gtk/: Make

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 09:44:06 -0700

On Jun 22, 2009, at 1:41 AM, Ulf Lamping wrote:

Now you're telling me that file name in question is not 100% correct so
you're changing it back into the chaos we once had - ignoring the
benefits we could get from the name prefixes.f

I'm unconvinced that, for that *particular* file, there's any benefit whatsoever to having main_ in the name at all. It should be pretty obvious that a file with "menus" in its name would contain the implementation of menus.

They also appear in the "show packet in a new window" which is basically
a kind of "mirror" of the main window.

I do not consider that to be sufficient reason to attach the word "main" to the code that implements the protocol tree or hex dump pane; I think of those windows as "packet window"s rather than just as mirrors of the main window.